Miss Jody Nelson is not what most people would think of as a typical black belt, she is quiet, kind and compassionate.
Jody is an inspiration to many of us. She attends as many classes as possible, often traveling quite a distance. She is an instructor at our Clear Creek school and is very good at teaching children. She is excellent at getting our shy students to open up. A college student whose artistic talents are not only in martial arts, but also drawing. She is very active in our school, helping out with demonstrations and tournaments.
1. What got you into taekwondo?
My dad wouldn’t let me box so he suggested Tae Kwon Do.
2. What’s your favorite thing about taekwondo?
3. Have you studied any other martial arts?
4. What do you do when you’re not doing taekwondo?
Fly fishing and school.
5. What aspect of taekwondo have you struggled most with?
6. Favorite weapon and why?
7. Favorite technique and why?
all the blocks i don’t know why
8. How has taekwondo changed you?
it’s made me confident
9. What would you tell someone just starting out in martial arts?
It only gets better if you focus.
10. What’s something most people don’t know about you?
I collect pokemon cards and anything that has to do with yoda.
11. Favorite form?
Nachi som dong
12. Favorite place?
the hidden water fall near my house
13. Favorite book/author?
too many to choose from
14. Favorite movie or tv show?
The men who stair at goats, cast away, Lady and the Tramp, lion king, Adventure time
15. Favorite quote?
A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
16. Favorite season?
17. Favorite food?
steak and mashed potatoes
18. Favorite ice cream flavor?
mint Ice cream
19. Favorite super hero?
20. What hobbies do you have?
Drawing, fly fishing, tying flys
21. Dream vehicle?
a red thunderbird
22. Dream vacation?
Backpacking in Italy
23. What did/do you want to be when you grow up?
24. What do you want to learn?
25. Vampires, werewolves, or zombies?
26. Ninjas or pirates?
27. What can’t you live without?
my teddy bear
28. Star Wars or Star Trek?
29. If you were a cartoon character, who would you be and why?
Finn from adventure time because he goes on adventures with his dogs
30. One thing you wish you were better at?
31. What super power would you want to have?