// October 7th, 2009 // Instructors
My goal in martial arts is to improve my martial arts skills and knowledge while helping others to improve themselves as well.
Summary of qualifications
- 1983-1984 studied at various schools in a search for the right combination of teacher and skill level
- 1984 began my studies at the mountain academy of martial arts under master John W. Rankin
- 1992 received the rank of 1st degree black belt under master john w. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association. 1990-1992 active in the Colorado State University karate club while also studying in Evergreen as time permitted
- 1992-1995 instructor for Master Rankin ,teaching youth classes ages 7 thru 12 and adult classes of all ages
- 1994-1997 active teaching self defense classes at various athletic clubs and recreation centers
- 1997 received the rank of 2nd degree black belt under Master John W. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association
- 1998 received the rank of 3rd degree black belt under Master John W. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association
- 2001 received the rank of 4th degree black belt under Master John W. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association
- 2003 received the rank of 5th degree black belt, master, under Master John W. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association
- 2010 received the rank of 6th degree black belt, under Master John W. Rankin and the moo duk kwon association
*For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in martial arts of all types. I bought my first martial arts book – “Junior Karate” in 1980. I studied this book and learned many basic techniques from it, while working out by myself, or with friends whenever possible. My zest for the martial arts has kept me working hard at improving myself and others even when financial circumstances prevented me from obtaining a formal education.
You might also enjoy reading these: